Scooter Open Regulations

Go down

Scooter Open Regulations

Post  Admin on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:44 pm

There have been concerns about the scooter regulations....

2007 Regulations
70cc 2-Stroke

Suggested 2008
80cc 2-Stroke
185cc 4-Stroke

Purpose of both introducing 4-Stroke scooters as this is the economic trend as well as increased 2-Stroke cylinder regulations based on market changes. i.e. Production of 80cc (50mm) Performance cylinder as they phase out the 70cc (47.6mm) performance cylinders.

Thoughts?

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-25

View user profile http://www.bmrc.bm

Back to top Go down

70 cc kits are readily available

Post  RWade on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:35 pm

70 cc kits are readily available world wide. That statement is false and the 80 cc kits are brand new. Consist of block piston and crankshaft which you must bore the casings to a new diameter to install. Not just a simple block and piston swap. I will personally not be running no 80 cc block got all the spares i wanted and i feel this suggestion should have bin made mid way through last season or prior to the end. 70cc blocks have not bin phased out and the equivalent to a 70 cc two stroke is a 210 four stroke thats how they race them in europe. Shocked $
RWade

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scooter Open Regulations

Post  -cy- on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:57 pm

RWade wrote:70 cc kits are readily available world wide. That statement is false and the 80 cc kits are brand new. Consist of block piston and crankshaft which you must bore the casings to a new diameter to install. Not just a simple block and piston swap. I will personally not be running no 80 cc block got all the spares i wanted and i feel this suggestion should have bin made mid way through last season or prior to the end. 70cc blocks have not bin phased out and the equivalent to a 70 cc two stroke is a 210 four stroke thats how they race them in europe. Shocked $

Hey Ricki glad to hear you'll be continue to compete in the Scooter Open this year... look forward to seeing your forward progression in the classification.

With respect to your statement first and foremost I would like to clarify my statement. In saying that the 70cc kits are being "phased out" it was implied simply as that (not that they are not in production). Like 2-Strokes in generally several areas are being phased out and hence the introduction of the bigger cylinder 2-stroke kits to be competitive against the growing popularity of 4-Strokes (for various reasons).

Nonetheless I agree with your statement that the suggestion for increase in cylinder capactiy should have been noted earlier. Revision are being made as we speak with respect to the introduction of seasonal rule books and the timeline in which they will be prepared.

As speaking with other scooter class competitors the feeling seems to be mutual in terms of the classification remaining 70cc for the 2008 season. Regulations are not set in stone until Wednesday's meeting and each classifications will be voted upon. If you have any suggestions feel free to post there here before Monday or present them in Wednesday's meeting.

I will be forwarding any recommendations made on this forum to the BMRC Committee in the meeting on Monday evening in preparation for the membership meeting on Wednesday.
-cy-

Number of posts : 37

View user profile http://www.teamtuned.com

Back to top Go down

This forum is great

Post  RWade on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:18 am

Like the thought of thinking and i have no problem getting any scooter parts for any two stoke. The market os so big in holland and all over europe there aint likely to ever be a shortage as they are still developing new parts every few months for the 70 cc to 180 cc 2 stroke scooters.

Zips piaggio motor in europe/ Jogs minarelli motor in spain. But if u want to see the pricing for them new 80 kits and etc. go to www.euroscooters.nl or any of the other sites i know u know most of them. P.S. ya hope to be much faster this year being in the back is boring much better rubbin plastics late brackin hold her crackd sava racing slicks doggy. Laughing

and the whole idea bout the 90 cc kits for the minigp 80 bikes is a good idea we all know that sonic is big aint no doubt about it jonea's bike ran well but a 90 simono kit i think would have bin much more competative.
RWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ofcourse Im Back

Post  RWade on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 am

Aint gone fast enough to give it up yet i had a ball that last race day gotta go faster now doggy. Catch the front three so the scooter class aint boring no more know wat i mean but we will see them guys was travelling that last race day. Got some thing in development hopefully i can get up there. Cy bring a scoot back out team tuned screamer
RWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  -cy- on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Team Tuned will be competing in 3 categories this year but scooter class isn't in our lineup. Also i have done some research on your comments and there are two setups with the new 80cc kits... i.e... 77cc kit with the 50mm pistons that do not require a different crank, and the 86 cc kit which requires the stroked crank... The idea for the increase of cc in 2009 would be based on the 77cc kits if the class participants would like to upgrade to faster speeds..... who wouldnt? Very Happy

Malossi is the leader in introducing these kits and other brands will be quick to follow.. and those HEBO kits look BEAUTIFUL... If i were to create another scooter it would definitely be a HEBO racing machine.
-cy-

Back to top Go down

Very interesting

Post  RWade on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 pm

-cy- wrote:Team Tuned will be competing in 3 categories this year but scooter class isn't in our lineup. Also i have done some research on your comments and there are two setups with the new 80cc kits... i.e... 77cc kit with the 50mm pistons that do not require a different crank, and the 86 cc kit which requires the stroked crank... The idea for the increase of cc in 2009 would be based on the 77cc kits if the class participants would like to upgrade to faster speeds..... who wouldnt? Very Happy

Malossi is the leader in introducing these kits and other brands will be quick to follow.. and those HEBO kits look BEAUTIFUL... If i were to create another scooter it would definitely be a HEBO racing machine.

Ya i agree it looks nice just i add something else too its. Hmmm seems to make the most power to them kits is powerful as hell. But my metrakit stuff will run all day at 14,500 all day so idk we will see got some things to try out so mad i gotta miss the first race day but oh well gives me a reason to ride harder this year.
RWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Speed on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 pm

Just as I thought. Weak, Weak, Weak, all of you. Run what you brung. No more pull downs for oversize parts. Any challenges for the fastest scooter come May 4th exhibition race, hello affraid

Speed

Registration date : 2008-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWade on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Speed wrote:Just as I thought. Weak, Weak, Weak, all of you. Run what you brung. No more pull downs for oversize parts. Any challenges for the fastest scooter come May 4th exhibition race, hello affraid

Ya Large doggy
RWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Whats up king!

Post  Speed on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Nice to see you here long. Give me a story. Are you going down Saturday to test.

Speed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWade on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 am

Speed wrote:Nice to see you here long. Give me a story. Are you going down Saturday to test.

Not just yet king gotta sort some things out. Need to speak to u in person bout a certain situation im interested in now. Holla at u soon doggy o and ya large. tell phil stop discracing rossi's name lol and hopefully saturday king if not tune up race or just before april.
RWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You Lot R Funny!

Post  #8 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:42 am

So this is how tings go on around there..........funny........

So I told EVERYONE in the middle of last years meeting I was going to do it and everyone said, "yeah, go right ahead dude." So it happened, I got a little more competetive, up in the mid pack, people crash, and then I'm dumped into Formula class to race against 250's and 500's.........

Now that I'm gone, it's fine again......lets change up the rules and allow people to be doing what they shoulda been doing the whole BLINKIN time and doing exactly what speed said, runnin what they bought to the track! A scooter is a scooter whether it's 70cc's, 80cc's, 90cc's..........IT DON'T MATTER. It's got small wheels, a belt and you twist it and it goes WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bigger you build it, the more power you make (if ya got a clue what ya doing) and the reliability of it all drops off somewhat....it's a give/take situation when you go bigger. The fact that I'm 40 lbs heavier than anyone else KILLED whatever advantage the extra 5mm in stroke gave the bike........but no, ya gotta go Bryce................ Evil or Very Mad

Glad to hear the rules are finally getting put RIGHT. Good luck to all you guys this up-coming season. Enjoy blowing all that money!

Bryce

P.S. and tell me when I rode my red and black bike it wasn't exactly the same as when I rode the green and black. My last race day I rode both in scooter class (they made me wait 10 seconds after everyone took off to go on the green one *BOO HOO*) and I finished 5th both times, right on Place's back wheel. Same spot, 5 mm of stroke difference.......................WOW what an advantage

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gsaltus on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:18 am

I just realized that all though we are sticking with 70cc for 2strokes the 4strokes are in the rules at 185cc. The orignal suggestion was 80cc and 185cc now one would think fourstrokes would be the way to go.
gsaltus

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Its a fare comparison

Post  RWade on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:40 pm

185cc 4 stroke is actually a mismatch on a track like ours vs a 70 cc 2 stroke.
RWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  -cy- on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:19 am

introduction of four strokes in scooters for the first time.... power-weight ratio... should be fare... in the event that there's any advantage leaning towards one engine type... rules can be reviewed for 2009... idea is to get bikes off the street down the track as this is how sport has grown... with the switch to four-strokes on our island hopefully this will attract new riders...

there aren't many light weight four stroke scooters that have the same after market part availability as these two stroke scooters... many have thought that the 185 isn't enough... but we'll see
-cy-

Back to top Go down

Post  jams002 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:21 am

what kind of regulation is like to open of the group? bounce

jams002

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

make it just that OPEN

Post  #8 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

I propose to make the scooter class JUST THAT...a scooter class. If it's a scooter, driven by a belt, got wheels 13" or smaller, it's a scooter. 4 stroke, 2 stroke, who cares? We all know if you go big on the 2 strokes, they need a ton of maintenance and they blow up......but who cares?!?!?! If you want to run a 70, run a 70. If you wanna run a 4 stroke with a 185, RUN IT! Who cares?!?!?! The more bikes in the class, the more the crowd is kept entertained and the better the racing. If it passes tech inspection, let it run. In 4 words, RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG!!!!!! Scooter class is basically the only "stock - modified class" we have........all the other bikes a purpose built race machines. We gotta keep it alive!

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

scooter

Post  supermoto on Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:51 pm

never raced a scooter but i think from watching and racing against these guys let them have their own class and let it be "open" it will be very exciting and trying to make sense of cc's and 2 vs 4 stroke will only make arguments and thats not what the spectators want to see,if the class gets too big divide it into lap times or some other way then, but for now embrace the "racing at its best" attitude and have fun,at the end of the day it is the guy/gal who can corner,brake ,slide the best wins, anyway 10mph on the straight won't win you the race if you can't get around the corner,i say admin just make the rule open scooter then let them build what they want... my prediction tried and true will win , but we need the development of the 4 stroke so its a win win if you run it as an open class... now if we can only get more supermoto guys out....tim

supermoto

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-26

View user profile http://www.acncanada.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Hey everyone...

Thanks for your response to the scooter class concepts. As the 2009 season is swiftly approaching I am almost certain most, if not all, riders are already preparing their machinery for the up coming season. With that said any ideas put forth for major rule changes such as displacement, tires, fuel, etc should be made between now and the end of the 2009 season for the 2010 season. This shall give all parties involved the opportunity to prepare for their classifications in advance. Any major changes to the rules at this point will only cost riders and their teams more money in order to prepare for the upcoming season.

With respect to classification changes any concepts should be posted in a new topic section I will create and they will be discussed with the club for rules for 2010. For 2009 we would like to discuss ways to minimize cost and increase safety with the overall goal for 2010 to increase competition, minimize risk and minimize cost to riders in both entering and participating in the sport. There have been several ideas put forward but I am going to ask for all those individuals interested to post their ideas in the new 2010 rules & regulations section.

If you have any concepts for 2009 the time to voice them will be at the March 4, 2009 membership meeting.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28

View user profile http://www.bmrc.bm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down