BMRC Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Points Standing

+3
PIZZA MAN
Admin
PlaceCL
7 posters

Go down

Current Points Standing Empty Current Points Standing

Post  PlaceCL Wed May 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Query on points from 4 May 2008. As recorded, David Jones Sr. has gained points however did not race. Please clarify or revise

PlaceCL

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Current Points Standing Empty Re: Current Points Standing

Post  Admin Fri May 09, 2008 1:20 am

Any rider who gives up their "ride" to a foreign rider who travels to Bermuda to compete in a local race event for promotional purposes will be awarded the points which the foreign rider gains during their participation in the BMRC Race Events. In this scenario David Jones Sr. provided his Yamaha R6 to Tyler from Canada and was awarded the 5th place points achieved by Tyler.

Assumption: Members were notified of proposed point awards when lending machinery to foreign competitor

Reasoning: In an attempt to promote the sport many race days will be promoted as a "race event". In such events were riders are invited to participate in our national championship series we are also required to provide competitive machinery. With the limited machines available on island rider(s) are generally asked to lend a machine to a foreign rider. As incentive the rider providing a machine (whom would be otherwise competing on such race event) will be awarded the points received by the foreign/guest rider.

If majority of members do not agree with such please direct concerns to the BMRC Committee. As stated the purpose of this is to assist in the promotion of the sport without negatively affecting any member willing to provid their personal machinery for the use of a foreign/guest rider.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.bmrc.bm

Back to top Go down

Current Points Standing Empty COLLECTING POINTS AND NOT RACING

Post  PIZZA MAN Mon May 12, 2008 8:48 pm

I do not recall being approached about any such thing. Please provide the meeting minutes where this topic was brought up. Further more Antoine's bike could have been prepped in time for him to ride.
It was obvious that having a visiting rider was not dreamed up over night because it was advertised well in advance. With all the media hype advertising his participating why was David so hot to ride the second race? The crowd came to see a guest rider compete against the local riders. That’s a slap in the face to say that he is not good enough to compete for a trophy.

If a rider wants to lend his bike out to someone then he forfeits all rewards. Lets be real I can get a guest rider to run my whole season and secure me a championship, now is it fair to him not getting the glory for his efforts? How about the other racers? I think not.

What ever happened to the "RIDER" not he bike or the bike number collecting points in the championship season?
We are starting to make up rules and regulations as we go along again...

Well I disagree with awarding points to a rider who never participated in a race because he loaned his bike to someone. That was the risk that he/she was willing to take.

When I raced in Atlanta I was on a loner bike ......and guess what I got the points and not the bike owner.

Let’s keep Pandora’s Box closed.

PIZZA MAN

PIZZA MAN

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Current Points Standing Empty wow

Post  #8 Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:26 pm

While it is commendable that Mr. Jones loaned out his machinery "in order to promote the sport", in no such other racing organization does this point 'sharing' take place. I mean, come on, you guys knew the guy was coming down there for how long??? In all that time did no one think about the dilemna of providing the guy with a bike?

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Current Points Standing Empty Suggestion for the BMRC Committee "Foreign Riders"

Post  Squirrel Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:23 pm

How about when an international rider comes down make it a no points race day for that class there for no one will gain or lose any points what so ever and it would resolve this situation. As I see it the way that it is going now it is completely unfair to the other riders and I know it is a promotional thing but if you screw over your own riders they will get fed up and leave there for less people racing in that class and I know the club doesn't want to lose riders.

As I see it I am now classed as an international/foreign rider and someone could use me to race here and gain points. Yes I do live here but I don't ride here. Don't change the rules now because I have said this because it would be unfair if someone does ask me to ride. At the next race this decisions should be made by the race members and not the committee. What I see BMRC trying to do is to promote the sport which is great but the sport won't be able to grow if there is no riders.

If BMRC wants to become internationally recognized this is not a good way to go. Many people have said in this thread that this is not allowed anywhere else in the world it shouldn't make any difference here. This could be a great suggestion for the committee to put forward towards the riders and let them decide.
Squirrel
Squirrel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  gsaltus Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 pm

The only way this is going to work or change for that matter is if we can come up with another way that a member will benefit from loaning out their ride. I agree it would unfair to those fighting for every point they can when someone can score points without having to ride. But why would anyone loan out their $5000 to $30000 bike to someone they don't know who might just wreck it in the process. It would take a lot to encourage someone to loan their $20000 600cc or $30000 125gp out. But lets look at the big picture we need to show Government that we are a sure thing. I have experienced loosing a track and having to watch my brand new machinery sit for 5 years thats was no fun. Let me tell you it can happen again and we could cry we could cuss and we still won't have sh@@. We have to secure our future today. Every person on this island knows there is football and cricket played here on this island and everyone knows at least one place to go to watch it. We can not say the same. There is not one event that we have that is well known on this island.
Examples: What's big on boxing day?
What is Cup Match?
Round the _______ Race?
What happens on the morning of May 24th?
We need people to know us!!! If we want our children to experience the thrill we get every race day.
With all that said lets think of ways we can fix this problem. Everyone please post a suggestion of how we can fix this.
gsaltus
gsaltus

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  gsaltus Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:44 pm

I suggest we (the Club) provide new tires and gas to the member who donates their bike for the day.

It was mentioned in the meeting we should have a bike here that guess riders can ride when they come down. (ideal)

The club could pay for any damages that occur to that person bike.

Look forward to hearing your ideas.
gsaltus
gsaltus

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  supermoto_chris Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 pm

I agree!!!!! We need a big event!! Atleast once a year, we need to say that We Are Here To Stay!! We are a club, and we are growing.

I say we put on an international raceday!!! Try to promote a race to US teams and riders and see if we can get riders interested in a raceday. It may get costly, but with the right sponsors, and the right people, it could happen!! Teams on the US are constantly moving around and shipping their bikes from place to place. A few letters to government for a one time exclusion for this big event to ease up on the whole shipping in cost dilema (Wishful thinking), or ask Best Shipping or one of those companies to assist and sponsor us. It could all happen.
Could you imagine a 20 bike Supermoto, GP125, or 600 starting grid??? Scooter class is more in Europe i believe, and with a few select phone calls, i'm sure we could get some guys down. I would looove to see the length of pit road full of bikes!!!

Honestly, i know it's jumping the gun........but imagine the whole thing snowballing, and someone like the AMA asking to hold a race here?? It could happen!!

Jasco Causeway Shell, my employer and main sponsor, is thinking about joining up with selected vendors, and maybe holding a Monster Energy or Red Bull sponsored race day. This goes as far as possibly bringing in Team Bikes and Riders!! This could be a jump start, or a feed to future racedays and connections.
Nothing is set in stone, but the goal is to do a basic sponsorship race this year, and next year, possibly going bigger, and even asking teams down. Soo much can happen.

But we need things first. Better safety barriers. More solid rules. And mostly......are we gonna have a track to race on next year???

Just my 2 cents. I only have a nickel........keep the change!! lol
supermoto_chris
supermoto_chris

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum