BMRC Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 5 Wera Nationals Las Vegas

Go down

Round 5 Wera Nationals Las Vegas Empty Round 5 Wera Nationals Las Vegas

Post  Squirrel Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Just giving everyone a lil update on my progress. Round 5 of the Wera Nationals was the hottest racing I have been in 127degrees is what i saw in the shade. On friday practice the bike was running perfect did my testing and packed up for the day. Through mid day I was offered and endurance ride by the 05 championship team Dalke Motorsports. I took up the offer i did a 3 lap practice on the 07 Yamaha R6 on the sat and i was somewhat pleased (Yamaha's are SLOW) lol. We had planned out how we were gonna do the day pretty much switch every hour or so for the 6hr race. I did in total 3 stints of 50min then an 1hr then finishing the race with 1hr 20min and the nick name Iron Man. There was an A and B team i was on the B team which finish 3rd in class and 7th overall. i would say it was good for my first time doing and endurance race as well as competing in such extreme heat.
Sunday practice went well but both 600 supersport and 600 superbike classes i was plagued with motor problems there for I got two DNF's for the weekend but i still hold the lead for the championship. All in all tho i made my mark in the racing world being picked up by a championship team to do an endurance race and also offered to ride at least two more races with them before seasons end so some good came out of the the trouble.

Ill be at Grattan Raceway in Michigan in two weeks.
Lata
Squirrel
Squirrel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum